Elementary Teacher Contact Email

If families need to contact Michelle, Elizabeth, Lindsey, or Brigid and Tiffany please use the following email.
SCCSElementary@gmail.com

23 February 2011

Mrs. Johnson's Baby

Though many of you have already heard the news, I wanted to share our excitement on the blog. Yes, it's true - I am pregnant and expecting a baby towards the end of June. A few weeks ago, I shared the news with the class. We read the book, Baby Brains, and talked about the significance of reading the story. Several students guessed, "Someone's having a baby!" After guessing some of the other teachers, Alexis pointed at me and guessed, "Is it you?" When I confirmed the news was true, many kids cheered and started offering name suggestions and babysitting services. (My favorite name suggestion so far is Sparkles, or maybe Princess Leia.)




Last Monday, I missed the Valentine's Party for our doctor's appointment and ultrasound where Scott and I found out our baby's gender. We found out we are having a baby girl and are really excited. What a great Valentine's Day present! At the party, everyone voted on whether they thought I was having a boy or girl. There were 18 votes for a girl and 23 votes for a boy. On Tuesday, I revealed the results and we made a chart to count the votes. Everyone in the class cheered when I told them our fun news, "She's a girl!" It has been a joy to share in this experience with our class. I'll be sure to post updates in the future. Thank you all for the support and warm wishes. Scott and I are counting down (only 19 more weeks) until we can meet our little one.



- Rachel Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment