Elementary Teacher Contact Email

If families need to contact Michelle, Elizabeth, Lindsey, or Brigid and Tiffany please use the following email.
SCCSElementary@gmail.com

16 December 2010

Paint, Paint, EVERYWHERE!

For the past two weeks the younger students have been learning about how art can be used to inspire ideas for writing. We have been exploring this way of expression through discussing artwork, studying artists, and creating our own artwork to tell a story.

The Henri Matisse group


The Miro group

The Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec group learned that the artist was less than five feet tall. They made a nearly life-size mural to prove it.



Chase describes the "magic" in his artwork.


Hazel decides to add different materials to her piece.


Maggie explains her artwork:
"Well at first I was just painting a window thing and I didn't really know what I was making. Then, suddenly I had an expression in my head and I got the idea to make a half mother nature, half human collage!"


Eric adds color to his fireworks.


Rachel Eaton and Lilly collaborated to create this life-like peacock.


Lindy's garden

No comments:

Post a Comment