Elementary Teacher Contact Email

If families need to contact Michelle, Elizabeth, Lindsey, or Brigid and Tiffany please use the following email.
SCCSElementary@gmail.com

16 August 2010

Meet the Teachers

The elementary teaching team is looking forward to a great year. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Lindsey Riley Clifton

For those of you who may not know, I was married this past Memorial Day to my husband, Ryan. We live in Columbia with our Maltese, Cody. We have enjoyed the summer by settling into our new life. In my free time I enjoy reading, journaling, boating, and running. I was born and raised in Columbia. My parents still live here, however, my two brothers live out of the state in Georgia and Colorado. My two step brothers live in the surrounding area. I received my B.S in elementary education from Stephens. I returned the following year to continue my education. The spring of 2008 after working as a Graduate Assistant in the elementary classroom at SCCS, I received my Masters degree in Curriculum and Instruction. I love working at SCCS and am really looking forward to this school year! Our space is so different which will lead to a whole year of new experiences for everyone.

Rachel Johnson

Originally from Colorado Springs, CO, I moved to Columbia, MO 10 years ago to get my degree in elementary education from Stephens College. I graduated in 2004 and worked at SCCS in the elementary classroom for several years. I also worked for 2 years as the Director of Crossing Kids at The Crossing. Last year I returned to Stephens to teach and work on my Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction. Teaching is my passion and working at SCCS is truly a dream job. I have a wonderful husband, Scott, and a cat we rescued 3 years ago named Zoe. When I am not at school, I love to spend time cooking, reading, running on the Katy Trail, and watching movies with Scott.

Beth Watson

I have been a teacher in the elementary classroom for the past 7 years. I traveled from Minnesota to Columbia in 1999 to do my undergraduate work at Stephens College. After graduation, I began teaching in the classroom and began working on my Masters degree at the University of Missouri with a degree in Curriculum and Instruction. During the past 7 years, I have married my husband, Mark, and welcomed our little girl Avery.
We are expecting our second baby at the end of the month! I look forward to rejoining the classroom after my maternity leave.

Sarah Parks

I'm so pumped to start my first year teaching at SCCS! I did my student teaching here last year and I know I will see lots of familiar faces this fall. For those of you who don't know me yet, here is a little about me...

I was born and raised here in Columbia with my parents and two brothers. I graduated from Hickman High School in 2002 and Mizzou in 2006 with a degree in Sociology. After college I interned at Rainbow House's Child Advocacy Center and then took a job in a preschool working mainly with 2 year olds. I knew I wanted to work with kids so I went back to school for my teaching certificate and a second Bachelor's degree at Stephens in Education in 2008. Now, I am working on my Master's in Curriculum and Instruction here at Stephens! I have the best family ever and I'm really close to them. My twin brother unfortunately lives in Arizona, but my older brother lives here in Columbia and is the executive chef at Bleu. When I'm not teaching or doing schoolwork, I love to hang out with my boyfriend and our three cats, Olive, Tugger, and Ezmerelda. I also love going to concerts, playing Wii, and traveling. I love experiencing new cultures and trying exotic foods (thanks to my brother, the chef)! I also love to read. I'm reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and How to Train Your Dragon.

Katelyn Howle


I am thrilled to begin my first year of teaching here in the SCCS Elementary Classroom! Originally from St. Augustine, Florida, I moved to Columbia in 2006 to attend Stephens College where I graduated with a BS in Early Childhood and Elementary Education last May. Currently I am working towards my M. Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction. I LOVE art and all sorts of crafts and look forward to integrating my passion for the arts into the classroom. Back home in Florida I enjoy spending time with my family which includes my Mom, Dad, 16-year-old brother Jonathan, my cat Panda, and my dog Ollie. I enjoy traveling and visit my boyfriend, Trevor, in New England several times throughout the year. Upon graduation next June, I plan to move to the New England area and continue teaching. However, I believe no school or job will compare to my incredible experience here at SCCS! I look forward to a fabulous year!

Brigid Flynn

I'm excited to be doing my student teaching in the Elementary Classroom here at SCCS! I am orignally from Lockport, IL, where I live with my mom, dad, and 17 year old brother, Daniel. I have a large pet family at home as well, but I am lucky enough t0 bring my cat, Chinny, and horse, Johnny, to Columbia with me during the school year. I enjoy reading and am currently reading The Book Thief. I love vacationing and two of my favorite places are Ocean City, Maryland and Pentwater, Michigan. I look forward to a fabulous time in the Elementary Classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment