Elementary Teacher Contact Email

If families need to contact Michelle, Elizabeth, Lindsey, or Brigid and Tiffany please use the following email.
SCCSElementary@gmail.com

15 May 2010

SCCS Parent Association Officers for 2010-2011

A note from parent, Jeanne Sullivan...

I want to thank all the parents who volunteered to be an officer for the Parent Association next school year! Unfortunately, there were barely enough volunteers to fill the positions. Since there weren’t any opposing candidates for any of the positions it doesn’t make sense to hold an election.

The new officers are listed below. Stay tuned for more information on how to communicate with the new officers (and each other) and a date for the next Parent Association meeting.

SCCS Parent Association Officers for 2010-2011


Co-Chair – Multiage:

Melissa McAllister

I'm Mom of Jackson (Multiage, previously Ms. Kelly's Pre-K class and Ms. Brett's half-day preschool class) and of Sam (he will start half-day preschool in the Fall). We've been in Columbia since we came for college at Mizzou. I am an attorney with a juvenile law practice, but I have been primarily a SAHM for the last few years. My husband, Rob, is a software developer and a small business owner. I have enjoyed being part of the team to start up the SCCS Parent Association and would like to continue to participate in making it a successful organization.

Co-Chair – Preschool:

Chimene Schwach

I am the mother of Zachary Wright in preschool- currently Mrs. Catherine's class. By education I am a Master's level substance abuse counselor; I specialize in children and adolescents with co-occurring disorders. I am currently at home until probably the middle end of summer - or until Jacob is successfully weaned. As a family we just moved here from Nashville about 8 months ago.

Secretary:

Tonya Wolff

My son Max is in preschool (Miss Michelle’s full-day and previously Miss Melissa’s half-day) and has loved his school and his teachers from the moment he arrived. The only part we could imagine better would be having the opportunity to come together with the other families. I have a Master’s in business from MU but my background is physician education and I currently serve as executive director for a family medicine education and publishing consortium. My husband, Greg, is a business owner (Marathon Building Environments) and developer. We grew up in St. Louis, came to Mizzou for school 20+ years ago, and it has been home ever since.

Treasurer:

Kathryn Hart

My son Bradley is in Miss Michelle’s preschool class, and since he began school there he has thrived more than I could imagine and he loves it. This was the greatest opportunity for Bradley and myself, I couldn’t pass it up, I graduated in December 2009 with my Bachelors of Science in Business Administration with a major in Accounting, and started for Stephens shortly after. I am the Staff Accountant at Stephens College, and have been here since February of this year (and I love it!). I will return to school this August for my Masters degree. I absolutely love the Audrey Webb Children’s School, and I am really looking forward to my opportunity to give back to the amazing people that care for our children daily.

Room Parent (2 Positions) – Multiage:

Erika Fadel

Mom of Manny (2nd grade) and Olivia (kindergarten). We also have a 2 2/3 year old who is at the Child Development Lab at MU. Our family has been in Columbia for five years. I am originally from New Orleans and my husband is from Brooklyn. MU brought us here and we have enjoyed our experiences at SCCS. Our children have thrived in the learning environment that Stephens provides and I look forward to working with the teachers and the Parent Association to strengthen the SCCS community.

Jeanne Sullivan

I’m the mom of Joey Barbis who is in the multiage classroom. My husband Tony Barbis and I are both originally from St. Louis and moved to Columbia to attend the University of Missouri and ended up sticking around! We both ended up working for the University of Missouri as well. I love the program and the personal attention Joey gets at the school! I’m really looking forward to being involved in the first year – the start-up year – of the newly revitalized Parent Association!

Room Parent (4 Positions*) – Preschool:

*At this time there are only two volunteers. When school begins next year the officers can reassess how many preschool room parents are needed based on the changes planned over the Summer.

Rebecca Miller

I’m the mom of Ellery, who is in the full-day preschool program with Miss Catherine. We are completing our first year in the Stephen’s College Children’s Program and we are in love! Because Ellery turns five late in August, she will start in the full-day preschool program in the fall and transition into the multi-age program. Also, our son is finishing first grade in Columbia Public Schools and he will join the Stephens program in August. I’ve been the lead room parent during my son’s kindergarten and first grade years and I’d love to continue that role. Our family is very supportive of the mission and goals of the Stephen’s program and we are looking forward to this fall!

Barbara Rogers

My son Jack will be in his 3rd year next year at Stephens Preschool. He is currently in Michelle’s class. My daughter Sarah attended SCCS in 2008/2009 and both she and Jack were in Katy McDonald’s class. I have a degree in Elementary Education, but have had limited experience teaching. I am currently working at The Insurance Group getting quotes and doing proposals for the Employee Benefits Department. This year I am the room parent for Sarah’s class and have really enjoyed planning parties and getting to know other parents and the kids! I am also the co-leader of Sarah’s Daisy (Girl Scouts) troop at Grant. I am the incoming Treasurer for the PTA at Grant. I would really like to do something at Jack’s school and feel there needs to be more/better parental involvement to help the teachers and the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment